****ATTENTION **** Date Changed to Feb. 25th, 2015
We are excited to announce that this year we are revamping the annual Roots and Wings Science Fair to reflect the new ideas around the educational focus of STEAM (Science-Technology- Engineering-Art-Mathematics). The idea is that this will offer a broader range of creativity for students to display their critical thinking and problem solving skills that relate to, but are not limited to, the scientific method.
If you would like some more information about the STEAM idea, this website is helpful. http://stemtosteam.org/
Our STEAM Fair will take place at the Broad Ripple United Methodist Church on February 25th, 2015, at 1:00 pm.
Here are some guidelines to participation in the STEAM fair:
1. You do not have to be a member of Roots and Wings Co-op to participate in the steam fair. Any student is invited to participate.
2. You may work on a project in pairs or groups if you choose.
3. Each STEAM subject area has a guideline of criteria for that subject area, as well as an overall guideline for each project.
4. Each project and participant will be given feedback from adult and peer judges, as well as a participation certificate. However, competitive placements will not be awarded.
5. The guidelines that are provided for the Science and Engineering portion of the STEAM fair are loosely based on the guidelines for the Central Indiana Science and Engineering Fair. However, if you are interested in presenting your project to the Central Indiana Science and Engineering Fair, you should visit their website http://www.marian.edu/…/regional-science-and-engineering-fa… and follow their guidelines. You can also contact Lynn Thomas, M.S. Director, Central Indiana Science and Engineering Fair, email@example.com for more information on how homeschoolers can participate in Indiana’s Science and Engineering Fair. The other subject guidelines for the R&W STEAM fair have been developed specifically for this event.
If you would like to participate in this event, please contact the event coordinator Carla Wimmersberger at Carla@saratogalearners.com. Once you have signed up, I will send you the guidelines for the subject areas.